Lace front wigs are becoming increasingly popular, especially among women who want a more natural look. If you’re considering getting a lace front wig, there are a few things you need to know first. In this article, we’ll guide you through how to correctly do a lace front wig, from choosing the right wig to styling it.
What is a lace front wig?
A lace front wig is a style of hairpiece that usually has a comb-like front piece and a long, entire back piece. The front piece is made of lace, netting, or other thin material and is typically attached to the head by a band or elastic. The back piece extends to the shoulders and can be decorated with flowers, combs, or other features.
A lace front wig comes in many styles and colours, making it an ideal choice for women who want to add extra glamour to their look. A lace front wig is also popular among women who want to hide hair loss or cover up bald patches.
To put on a lace front wig, follow these steps:
- Start cleaning and conditioning your vshow hair using our recommended hair care products.
- Apply a styling product to your hair and blow dry it dry using a relaxed air setting.
- Make sure that the lace front wig fits your head well by trying it on in a mirror before you start putting it on.
- Put on the lace front wig by pulling it over your head like you would put on a hat. Make sure that the front and back pieces are.
Types of lace front wigs
There are a few types of 30-inch bust-down wigs. The most common is the side-by-side wig. This is when two pieces of lace are placed side by side on your head. The next type is the French knot wig. This is when a bunch of tiny French knots are placed on top of your head. Then there’s the fishtail wig. This is when a big piece of hair is put up in a fishtail and then tied off in the back.
How to do a lace front wig?
A lace front wig could be the perfect option if you want to add some extra oomph to your look. Here’s how to do it correctly:
- Choose the right style. There are a variety of lace front wigs available, so find the one that will flatter your features and fit snugly. Some styles are adjustable, while others must be fitted by a professional.
- Prep your scalp. Before putting on your wig, ensure your scalp is completely clean and free of oils or other products that could interfere with the lace’s adhesive. Apply a light moisturizer if needed.
- Attach the lace. Start by attaching the front of the lace to either side of your head, just above your ears. Ensure the lace is positioned evenly and tight against your scalp, so it doesn’t move during wear.
- Secure the lace in place with hairpins or clips. Once the lace is in place, use hairpins or clips to secure it against your scalp. You can also use a hair net if you have long hair so that the lace doesn’t get caught
Tips for choosing a lace front wig
When choosing a lace front wig, it would be best to consider a few things. The fit of the wig is critical, so try it on in a store before purchasing it. You’ll also want to consider the style and colour of the wig.
If you’re looking for a natural-looking look, go for wigs with natural hair colours. If you want something more dramatic, try out wigs with colours that contrast with your hair colour. And lastly, be sure to choose a wig that has enough volume. Lace front wigs tend to be less complete than other types of wigs, so if you’re looking for a voluminous style, you may need to go with a different type of wig.
Lace front wig instructions:
- Start by washing and conditioning your hair.
- Apply a styling product to the hair at the nape of the neck and down the front of the hairline.
- Thread a thin tail of lace through one or both clips on either side of your head, ensuring it’s long enough to hang down in front of your ears when you wear the wig.
- Pull each end tight, tucking them behind your ears if desired, then clip them securely.